Friday, January 6, 2017

Love vs Neglect

(a poem for two voices)
by Paige J. and Taylor J.


Getting off the bus,
Daddy waves from the driveway.
no one’s here when I get home.
Being at home
is fun.
is scary.
Mom and Dad
read me stories.
are always fighting.
Home is full of hugs and kisses.
I hide in my room, afraid to come out.
Dinner time together 
makes the house smell so good.
rarely comes.
Mommy makes all my favorite things.
I’m so hungry.
After we eat it’s time for my bath,
and we have tickle fights before I
go to bed.
If I’m too loud, I will get hurt, and if I cry…
I love Mommy and Daddy!
It’s time for bed.
I get tucked in, close my eyes, and
say my prayers.
I close my eyes, but it’s too loud.
I can’t wait to go to school tomorrow.  
I get to see all my friends.
I know I’m loved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment