Friday, January 6, 2017

Dragon Fire Sonnets

by Caleb K.

Effects of Dragon Sickness


I rest in a Hole of refined taste,
Removed a bit from both time and space.
When along comes my Hobbit with great haste
He shouts, “Oy, dragon is giving me chase.”

I rush from my chair, my staff within hand,
The Hobbit has disappeared once again.
I survey all I can see across my land
And spot where my Hobbit’s quest began

The dragon’s gold is spread much like milled grain
I’d have run too if such a mess I’d made.
Dragon’s wrath would soon pour down like the rain
Its once kind nature the Hobbit betrayed.

Now I venture forth to that dragon’s den
To negotiate peace, in Hole again.


Dragon Sickness Cured


I seem to have angered her, nothing more.
Trade wrath for ruin, she’s made up her mind
That young Hobbit’s backside soon shall be sore,
I back away slowly, taking my time.

I shout for the Hobbit, “Oy, you best come
Appease the Dragon for what you have done.”
The Hobbit comes in, his demeanor glum,
“Do you think that dragons eat their own young?”

“No, no my boy, not even in anger,
Your mother forgives you, please don’t worry.”
I tell him, “Hurry, best not to linger.”
The dragon’s wrath was quenched in a hurry.

The whole of the Shire, safe once again,

As mother and son re-clean our kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment