Monday, December 19, 2016

Twin B

by Katie R.

When we were born, Mom was surprised she had two.
To tell you the truth, I don’t think I could have survived without you.

When we were two, we moved to the East.
You stopped hitting me with the bottle and we started to speak.

When we were three, I sat on our cake.
Everyone else made fun of me, but you didn’t partake.

When we were four, you cut your hair.
We had to wear silly hats so people wouldn’t stare.

When we were five, it was time to learn.
I tried to teach you the alphabet, because I was concerned.

When we were six, you were afraid of plenty.
We slept with the lights on, I held your hand even though it was sweaty.

When we were eight, our sister moved away.
I listened to you cry every night, I didn’t know what to say.

When we were nine, you tried out different vocations.
Whether a professional whistler, or jump-roper I met it with congratulations.

When we were thirteen, people at church couldn’t tell us apart.
We were just the Roberts siblings who were all sweethearts.

When we were eighteen, we started university.
You fell in love with a Nelson who started adversity.

When we were nineteen, that Nelson kid broke your heart.
You dropped out of college and got a fresh start.

Now that we’re twenty-one, I can truly say.
You’re my best friend, I love watching you grow each day.
Most people don’t know what it’s like.
To have someone there, even when you’re scared at night.
Thanks for laughing at my jokes, and making life carefree.

You’re my favorite part of everything, Twin B.

No comments:

Post a Comment