Monday, December 19, 2016

Small Friends

by Tori P.

Being with kids is my favorite thing.
If a mom needs a sitter, she’ll give me a ring.
I arrive at the house, anticipating what will happen,
Next thing I see, sister took brother out of his play pen.
All she wanted to do was play,
But he did not see it that way.
I take the baby, cuddle him, and calm his crying,
Wondering what else the night shall bring.
We all play and have snacks,
That’s when I smell something… crap.
I then change diapers, and when they’re all clean,
Sister begins to ask why the grass is green.
They play twenty questions as if I’m all-knowing,
But it warms my heart to watch their brains growing.
The night’s almost over and I don’t want it to end

Being a baby sitter brings me the best of small friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment