Monday, December 19, 2016

Baby I Love

by Abby M.

Baby I love—
I love a lot of things in this world.
But baby, I love you most.
I love that over the past year, you’ve become my best friend.
I love the way we make each other laugh.
I love our love for dogs and I love that you let Casper ride shot gun.
Baby, I love your selflessness.
I love how you nag me to wear Band-Aids and you remind me to take my medicine.
And baby, I love your passion for film.
I love that you share your favorite movies with me.
I even love your nerdy devotion to Marvel and Star Wars.
I also love how you always save the last bite of dessert for me.
And you constantly offer me the blue and pink sour gummy worms.
Baby, I love that you tell me I’m beautiful.
But I definitely don’t love everything in my life.
I hate muscle pain, weight gain, and
I really hate numb toes.
But baby, I love that you help me through my struggles.
I love that you support me and believe in me.
I love a lot of things in this world.

But baby, I love you most.

No comments:

Post a Comment